I'm trying to find a way to "consolidate" my notifications from text messaging or MMS. Basically, I have a bunch of friends that like to include me in their group messages, but often carry on conversations without me responding while I'm at work. I don't mind getting notified at work, and it's not an issue for my company, but it gets rather annoying when I pick up my phone, check the most recent message, then go to put it down and it notifies me of another message before it even hits the table, or I suddenly get a train of notifications and my phone vibrates off the table while flashing seizure inducing light patterns. Ok, so that last part is an exaggeration...

Anyway, in trying to search for a solution, all I seem to find is ways to change the notification sound/method, or increase the notification rate, not reduce it. I don't want to remove myself from the conversation, as I'll read it later on, but I don't need to be notified of it all the time. Is there any way to get the device to only notify me of new messages, say, every X-number of minutes?
    11-05-2015 03:43 PM
    I'm trying to find a way to "consolidate" my notifications from text messaging or MMS. Basically, I have a bunch of friends that like to include me in their group messages, but often carry on conversations without me responding while I'm at work. I don't mind getting notified at work, and it's not an issue for my company, but it gets rather annoying when I pick up my phone, check the most recent message, then go to put it down and it notifies me of another message before it even hits the table, or I suddenly get a train of notifications and my phone vibrates off the table while flashing seizure inducing light patterns. Ok, so that last part is an exaggeration...

Anyway, in trying to search for a solution, all I seem to find is ways to change the notification sound/method, or increase the notification rate, not reduce it. I don't want to remove myself from the conversation, as I'll read it later on, but I don't need to be notified of it all the time. Is there any way to get the device to only notify me of new messages, say, every X-number of minutes?
    Sorry, did not realize this site would post questions anonymously... was expecting to get asked to register when I made this question. Anyway, I forgot to mention that I am currently using a Samsung S4 device.
    11-05-2015 03:55 PM