So, I have had my 2014 Samsung note 10.1 tablet for over a year now, and recently it's been having a strange issue. If I press the power button or just let the tablet naturally turn off the display after X amount of seconds (when on the lock screen) or minutes (when on my account), the display stays black. The buttons light up, but they are unresponsive, and the only thing I can do is hold the power button until it reboots, at which point it's fine again. It does this every time without fail. I did a factory reset, and the problem persists. Clearly, the screen is working fine, so I thought a factory reset would fix it, but now I'm stumped. I can't seem to find anyone else who's experienced this issue.

Just to be clear, until the display turns off for the first time after a reboot, it works perfectly. As soon as the display turns off, it becomes unresponsive, and the only sign that anything happened is that the buttons below the screen light up when I press the power button.
    11-06-2015 09:14 AM
    Welcome to the forums. It might be a hardware issue with the power button. Do you have any local repair shops that can look at it?
    11-06-2015 09:21 AM