I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, and my cell provider is Verizon Wireless. I am traveling in France and cannot access data with the SIM card I purchased from Free Mobile... and Free Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Samsung have all been unable to troubleshoot the problem. Here's a summary of the issue:

1. When I go to Mobile Networks > Access Point Names, it will let me add a new Access Point but will not let me save it (and I need a new Access Point to be able to use Free Mobile as the provider). I therefore can't switch to the new Access Point, which should contain the following entry fields:
    - Name: Free
    - APN: free
    - MCC: 208
    - MNC: 15
    - APN type: internet

No one can figure out why I can't add a new Access Point. Verizon confirmed that the phone is unlocked for international use (and it was working fine internationally a few months ago). I upgraded to the Lollipop operating system a month ago and am wondering if that could be part of the issue?

2. I can receive text messages from within France but cannot send any out. It appears, when I send messages, that my phone is trying to send the message to a French number with a US calling code in front of it. Similarly, when I dial numbers in France and push "call", my phone automatically adds a US calling code before the number. This shouldn't happen and I can't figure out why. I was in Australia before this, and I am able to access data with the Australian SIM card but cannot send text messages - same issue.

If anyone has any idea how to fix it - or if the problem is with the operating system, cell provider, or phone - please let me know! Thanks!
    11-06-2015 11:47 AM