Unwanted unasked-for facebook notifications -- more bloatware

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I don't have the Facebook app.
I went to the site ONCE using the Chrome browser.
Now I'm getting endless Facebook notifications on my phone WHICH I DO NOT WANT ---- THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH BLOATWARE ON THIS PHONE!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the Facebook app.
I went to the site ONCE using the Chrome browser.
Now I'm getting endless Facebook notifications on my phone WHICH I DO NOT WANT ---- THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH BLOATWARE ON THIS PHONE!

Welcome to the forums.

If you logged in on Chrome, your notifications are coming from Chrome. You have to accept notifications.

Abigail Bass

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I quit Facebook on Chrome. I force-quit Chrome itself. I am still getting these obnoxious notifications endlessly.

How can I get rid of them?

Oh, I cannot wait to get rid of this phone!!! I keep telling people not to get an Android. Never. Too much bloatware, and too much bs like this.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This has zero to do with bloatware.

You have to log out of Facebook on Chrome. Stopping apps doesn't help.

Again, this isn't bloatware and you had to accept notifications. It asks you the first time you log in.

Last edited:

Abigail Bass

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I did log out of Facebook. I am still getting the notifications.

The bloatware point was just that it's yet another problem with Android phones. In fact, I'd say this phone has been a non-stop pain in my **** since the day I turned it on (see below for abbreviated list of issues).

So.... I logged out of Facebook on my phone. I force-quit Chrome. I continue to get Facebook notifications. WHY?????? And - why in god's name wouldn't your programmers make notifications an "opt-in" issue rather than just assuming we want to have our phones bonging at us every two minutes... while not being able to turn the damn thing off? OH I WANT TO THROW THIS PHONE IN THE TOILET AND NEVER, EVER WILL I GET ANOTHER ANDROID! NEVER!!!!!!

If anyone is reading this and is thinking about an Android phone.... don't. Don't even think about it. You should see all the extra apps they install and which require perpetual updates, all the extraneous notifications that won't turn off, all the intrusionware, all the tracking, OMG. I keep mine turned off more than I have it turned on. When it's on, it's constantly trying to make connections and backups. The battery runs down in a couple of hours. Don't bother.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Calm down a moment please. This site is not affiliated with Android or any OEM. We are a large group of normal people who love the OS., and try to help others out in the process.

As for the browser notifications... Have you cleaned out the cache and the cookies in Chrome settings?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Calm down a moment please. This site is not affiliated with Android or any OEM. We are a large group of normal people who love the OS., and try to help others out in the process.

As for the browser notifications... Have you cleaned out the cache and the cookies in Chrome settings?

This.

Mod Note - Let's take things down a notch here as Kelly is just trying to help solve the issue. As previously stated we are not the programmers for Facebook or Android. We're simply fans of Android who enjoy trying to help others out. There is no need for personal attacks or anything of that nature.

Thanks.

Abigail Bass

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah - one more thing - the log-in wasn't even to my account. But the notifications are for my account.

I'm outta here - I thought you were people who knew something, not just fans and apologists. I need people who can actually help. Have a good night.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah - one more thing - the log-in wasn't even to my account. But the notifications are for my account.

I'm outta here - I thought you were people who knew something, not just fans and apologists. I need people who can actually help. Have a good night.

Have a good one and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2