Facebook apk will not install on ctroniq C70R

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Just bought a brand new ctroniq c70R (which had facebook pre-installed). This is a present for my young nephew, so I successfully installed loads of apps through the google play store.

All installed fine until it came to facebook Messenger. This downloaded but would not install with "Unknown Error -505".

I tried all of the standard advice including clearing cache and data from google play and google play services, removing and reinstalling the google play account and finally booting into recovery mode and clearing the cache - all to no avail.

I then deleted the stock Facebook App (thinking this might be the problem), but now I cannot install the Facebook App either!

As a last resort I went to apkmirror.com and downloaded several different versions of the facebook apk and tried to sideload it. Again the installation fails with the message "Application was not installed".

I am completely stumped. It is very strange that the problem ONLY seems to affect the Facebook Apps. Everything else installs perfectly!

Your help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.