Everything else works on the phone: I can make and receive calls, send and receive texts, connect to the internet, etc. but streaming and things requiring a stronger connection are much slower. I was unable to send texts but restarting the phone seems to have resolved that issue. My WiFi widget keeps searching and searching; I am unable to turn it on or off. When I go into the WiFi settings, it continues to say "turning WiFi on..." but nothing happens. It seems to be draining my battery faster as it is continuously searching for WiFi. Nothing is wrong with my home router; several other devices are able to connect to it. And I cannot connect to WiFi anywhere with my phone. Any ideas? Thank you.
    11-12-2015 06:14 PM
    Everything else works on the phone: I can make and receive calls, send and receive texts, connect to the internet, etc. but streaming and things requiring a stronger connection
    Put the phone ON the router. If it needs a stronger connection than that, the phone's broken.

My WiFi widget keeps searching and searching; I am unable to turn it on or off.
    When you turn off wifi search, a funny thing happens. If you go to the Wifi page (or probably the widget does), Android assumes you're looking to change your connection, so it searches even though you told it not to.

When I go into the WiFi settings, it continues to say "turning WiFi on..." but nothing happens. It seems to be draining my battery faster as it is continuously searching for WiFi.
    It will. The radio is only drawing a lot of power when transferring date - searching is trying to receive data - constantly - so it uses a lot of battery.

Nothing is wrong with my home router; several other devices are able to connect to it. And I cannot connect to WiFi anywhere with my phone. Any ideas?
    Has it always been this way, or has this just started? If it just started, what changes (including updates) have happened to the phone?
    11-12-2015 08:56 PM