My phone behaves as if its infected with replicating malware but I'm not sure

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I recently used my phone to rescue some small files from a Windows PC infected with replicating malware that was filling up the PC's HD. From what I've read in many places "malware doesn't really bother Androids" so I hooked up my phone to the PC via cable and backed up some important files before the PC was lost.

Problem now is, my phone is fast running out of space and the NQ Mobile Security hasn't seen any anomalous activity to respond to. Can a nasty replicator meant to bog down Windows PCs do the same harm to Androids? My phone is rooted and I have scoured and re-scoured every visible folder for space-filling files and can't find any.

My phone is a Samsung GT-I8262 running Android 4.1.2 and its not capable of moving or installing apps on its 16GB memory card. I will appreciate your input on this armoured nut-to-crack, thanks.

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Here's a little something recent:
Several hours after our last chat I did another major clean out of my phone when the System Storage indicated "3.97GB/4.75GB". It then indicated "3.91GB/4.75GB". A few minutes later it indicated "3.95GB/4.75GB".

This is what gave me the impression that a replicating Windows worm picked up from the PC is at work (again I stand to be corrected). I'm now also considering the possibility that my phone needs a memory audit reset. What do you think?