HTC One M8 won't power on (please read)

A

AC Question

I just got this phone last night and haven't even seen the home screen. I am looking for a solution, not to be pointed at things I have already tried. Please read entire description.

HTC One M8 was bought on eBay from big retailer with high positive seller score. Arrived off, was plugged in (shows solid orange light under top grille) and left to charge overnight. 9 hours later, it was still showing orange light, wouldn't turn on. Held Power button over and over for varying durations between 5 seconds and 3 minutes. Did research, tried:

Volume Up + Power for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, and 2 minutes (plugged into charger and not).

Volume Down + Power for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, and 2 minutes (plugged into charger and not).

Tried battery reset holding Volume Up & Down + Power for 2 minutes through 5 minutes at 1 minute intervals (plugged into charger and not).

Tried plugging into PC and duplicated all previously mentioned methods, and no, my PC didn't recognize that a device was connected.

Nothing has worked, it just sits there with the orange charge light on. Are there any other methods or tricks to try before I tear the seller a new hole?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol