Hi, I have an S4 from Verizion SCH-I545 4.4.2 with a baseband of I545VRUFNK1 and it is currently rooted. For some odd reason my photos are being deleted after restarting it. I have search on this forum and a couple of website here and back. I have no choice but to take my time in typing this and explain what I have done.

Firstly I tried about this .nomedia file I've heard about. I love using EZ Explorer its amazing. I didn't really reach inside where the .nomedia is directly as I just searched for it. Meaning I didn't really go into camera or such because it doesnt exist. So I searched for it, and I found a lot. So I just deleted them and reboot.

Second, that didnt work and so I tried going to Setting > App > Gallery > and cleared data. It also didnt work.

I made a test picture, after each restart of the phone the photo is gone. But the SD photos are still there. That's fine.

In the end, the last option I can do is factory restore and I really dont want to do that.
    11-14-2015 11:24 PM
    Hi, I have an S4 from Verizion SCH-I545 4.4.2 with a baseband of I545VRUFNK1 and it is currently rooted. For some odd reason my photos are being deleted after restarting it. I have search on this forum and a couple of website here and back. I have no choice but to take my time in typing this and explain what I have done.

Firstly I tried about this .nomedia file I've heard about. I love using EZ Explorer its amazing. I didn't really reach inside where the .nomedia is directly as I just searched for it. Meaning I didn't really go into camera or such because it doesnt exist. So I searched for it, and I found a lot. So I just deleted them and reboot.

Second, that didnt work and so I tried going to Setting > App > Gallery > and cleared data. It also didnt work.

I made a test picture, after each restart of the phone the photo is gone. But the SD photos are still there. That's fine.

In the end, the last option I can do is factory restore and I really dont want to do that.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to the camera app in the app manager and clearing the data from it. That should reset the camera app to factory settings. Might fix the issue for you.
    11-18-2015 01:55 PM
    I have tried that as mention above, still didnt work
    11-21-2015 04:27 PM