Hi as of now I am having trouble rooting my s4 mini i9195. The reason I want to root is so I can unlock the sim. I did try to use kingoroot which gave me super user but regionlock could not detect the root. Thinking it was not really rooted I uninstalled it using the same program. I have now got all the necessary files to do it manually which are Odin 3.07 S4Mini_RootKit_v2 and recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.8-serranoltexx.tar. When I follow the steps with odin my phone disconnects and reboots when it says ''write to nand''. The tutorial I am reading says to put the rootkit on an sd card which I currently do not have but have read it is ok on the internal memory. Is this correct? Or is their a simpler way for me to use another sim?
    11-15-2015 05:04 AM
    Hi as of now I am having trouble rooting my s4 mini i9195. The reason I want to root is so I can unlock the sim. I did try to use kingoroot which gave me super user but regionlock could not detect the root. Thinking it was not really rooted I uninstalled it using the same program. I have now got all the necessary files to do it manually which are Odin 3.07 S4Mini_RootKit_v2 and recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.8-serranoltexx.tar. When I follow the steps with odin my phone disconnects and reboots when it says ''write to nand''. The tutorial I am reading says to put the rootkit on an sd card which I currently do not have but have read it is ok on the internal memory. Is this correct? Or is their a simpler way for me to use another sim?
    Welcome to Android Central!

You will need to contact the original carrier the phone was with and get the unlock codes from them more than likely.
    11-18-2015 12:52 PM