Can't ged rid of a theme

Abby Warden

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
When I got my new android tablet, it came pre loaded with some apps that i didnt want (I have uninstalled all the ones I can do without being rooted). One of these apps was called "Mirage". I didn't know what it did so I opened it, pressed a wrong option and suddenly my tablet was given a hideous rainbow theme and the transparency on all the shortcut icons is screwed as well. There was no option inside this " app" to revert it. I thought for sure that uninstalling Mirage and playing with the display settings would surely fix it but it didnt. I have gotten rid of the wallpaper but nothing else. Please help, I really dont want to factory reset at the moment.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Does this tablet have a Reset App Preferences option, probably in Settings - Apps - 3 dot menu.

Have you tried Settings Apps - All or Disabled to see if Mirage is there.

Nothing in Settings - Display?

Is it an obscure brand?

Abby Warden

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I dont want to reset all app preferences :( i spent hours going through every app making it how i like it... There doesnt seem to be a "disabled" apps section but i cant see it anywhere in all apps and display lets me change wallpaper but not fix other things like shortcut icons. Some of them have completely changed for example the camera shortcut which i obviously cant get rid of, used to be a nice sensible icon now it's YELLOW and shiny and square. My tablet is a Lenovo Tab 2 A7 20.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Reset App Preferences doesn't do that, it just gives you the default apps to use unless you select another app later, opening a browser, what apps opens a pdf file, plays music, launcher, etc

It's very simple to change back to the few apps you selected instead of the defaults, as you will be asked next time do you want to use xxx once or always.

I can't see Mirage in the manual or the Play Store, it may be country or carrier specific.

https://www.tabletusermanuals.com/Lenovo/TAB2A720/243736

Try Lenovo local online support if you don't want to change anything else.

Sometimes there won't be a Disabled column in Apps (sometimes called Turned Off) if nothing is Disabled, or they can be at the bottom of the All column.

This is my Motorola on Android Lollipop.

c85ce44b83340cc5a0dd7fce972b7393.jpg
f915148c9b36ed6f0b44159e331b392f.jpg
84e73890aad922af7dbeb141def145a4.jpg

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Why not try the Nova launcher. It's just an app with other themes, and you can switch back to the Lenovo / stock launcher instantly, it also won't change your apps, just the layout of your homescreens as you would want them.

Abby Warden

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok i reset app settings but its still there.. I guess i could try this nova thing you speak of, it doesnt hog memory or anything does it? WHILST IVE GOT YOU ALSO.. Im having trouble removing app shortcuts without uninstalling them. If i longpress them they each have a little red x on them to uninstall, but if i drag them, doesnt matter where, top right, top left, top center, the fabled "X" or trash can icon is nowhere to be seen. Ive also tried "flinging" them off the screen as ive been reading that works, but only ended up looking like a lunatic and nearly dropping my tablet.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It's unusual, but the manual says to press and hold a widget or icon for 2 seconds until an X appears then tap that. So let go and tap the X. :) Does that work?

I put off using a different launcher for my Samsung Note 3 (since sold), but Nova is the most efficient and recommended launcher out there. I just used it to allow more app icons on the main homescreen, but there's a lot of creative ways to customise your screen that I didn't spend time on. Best of all, it speeded up the graphics and yes it's very efficient. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...axy-note-3-screenshots-homescreen-thread.html

Not totally sure if it works on tablets, sure it does, the Play Store will say not compatible if not.
Can't figure your orginal problem, it's obviously a mirage effect theme, but I don't know why you can't get out of it.
You can ask for help again in Introductions, if you say hi to the site ambassadors there, or in the General Help and How To forum (both in the Android central lounge section).

Love your avatar! Welcome to Android Central.

Abby Warden

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Hehe thank you I can't remember what posessed me to have a toilet as my pic. I will check out the rest of the forum :) Yeah the little red cross that appears in the corner of EACH icon appears, but that uninstalls the app. :/