This being my first smartphone, I apologise if this question has been asked before and for generally being a noob, but hoping a recent answer would clarify the situation for me.

I know IPS screens for any type of device/product are prone to backlight bleeding, the reason I have a VA pc monitor. I did consider an amoled screen, but for the price, £300 and my intended uses, the G4 was the best option presently.

Without another phone to test it against and no photographic evidence for you guys my description is the best I can do. There are two points on the screen where I believe there is some bleeding present, but this is still subjective. The first is the along the top edge, where there is a very thin lighter strip of possible bleed, maybe an issue with the panel, where the info bar is normally present, that is lighter than then rest of the screen. I can notice it whilst watching full screen video, not always, when the bar is absent. The second is more minor, there are two spots on the bottom of the panel, either side and just above the LG logo where there is some bleed leakage, but minor.

I guess I'm asking is this common and worth the risk of replacing, or are the odds are I might get the same again?

Thanks.
    11-15-2015 09:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You can post a photo of the phone this way: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html. Obviously, don't take an actual screenshot--instead, take a photo of the whole phone using another device.

If it looks pretty excessive, your main option is to contact LG and ask for warranty repair. I'm not sure what their policy is for light bleed. I'd guess that they don't cover minimal light bleed, but for egregious bleed, they ought to do something.
    11-15-2015 03:35 PM