phone working fine all day.... then went to turn it on it was feeling for warm (was charging in my car USB connector previous to this) and it was totally blank screen, not even a flashing light at the bottom of phone. I put it to the wall unit charger and tried again. Nothing. The battery was not even 90% used so I know it was not drained. This has never happened before. I then searched on this site for answers... I held both volume up and down bottoms simultaneously while holding the start button.... It would not work if you only held one volume button. Then once released the flattened out an his back android dead icon showed and phone details at the bottom of the screen with a large green arrow top right corner saying start. So I pushed the start button and it booted up! FYI I thought nothing was going to happen when I pushed the buttons together as the screen was still blank it was not until I released the buttons (no longer pressed them) that this icon came up. The battery was still very much charged. So what happened to cause this any one know?
    11-15-2015 06:51 PM
    Welcome as a new member and thank you for sharing.

That happened to mine once. I don't know why. Same fix as yours, except that mine booted straight to the lock screen.
    11-15-2015 07:16 PM
    Check the battery stats. Tap the graph to get to the second page. Look for a sudden drop to zero ("falling off the cliff"). If you see that, the battery has developed a dendrite (see Lithium Battery Dendrite links) and has to be replaced. (When you turn the phone back on, if th dendrite is very small, you'll still have the same amount of charge as you did when the phone shut off.

If not, no idea and it can't be diagnosed unless it's on a test bench when it happens.
    11-16-2015 01:15 AM