I know this was talked about but just wondering if there is a fix or do I just have to keep my WiFi off and only used it if needed.
    My cell phone standby today was at 30% battery use and I only see this when home and 100% on WiFi network.
    I still got 5 hrs screen on time and with 24% battery life left on average I can get 4 to 4.5 hrs with phone of charger at 630 am and back on at 1130pm with 20% battery or so.
    Today was an odd day being lazy and just staying home and so I noticed the extreme cell standby.
    Any ideas would be great...ty
    11-15-2015 10:43 PM
    Tap the graph at the top to get to the next page. Look at the cell signal line at the bottom. It's probably not solid green. That means that you have a weak cell signal at your house, so your phone is going to use more battery when you're there. (If the incoming signal is weak, the phone's signal at th tower will be, so the phone increases its transmitter power, which uses more battery.)

The solution, of course, is to use a carrier that has better coverage where you live. Since it's not the wifi that's causing the problem, turning it off won't fix it. (Or you could turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi. Of course you won't get any phone calls or texts that way, but you will save battery.)
    11-16-2015 02:49 AM
    Tap the graph at the top to get to the next page. Look at the cell signal line at the bottom. It's probably not solid green. That means that you have a weak cell signal at your house, so your phone is going to use more battery when you're there. (If the incoming signal is weak, the phone's signal at th tower will be, so the phone increases its transmitter power, which uses more battery.)

The solution, of course, is to use a carrier that has better coverage where you live. Since it's not the wifi that's causing the problem, turning it off won't fix it. (Or you could turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi. Of course you won't get any phone calls or texts that way, but you will save battery.)
    I know what your saying but this problem only shows up on this phone the htc m8 and my Sony M4 aqua is normal...now that I'm at work the problem is gone no cell standby showing at all and phone only on LTE networks.
    I also did the voLTE reset and cleared catch and back on maybe that did the trick will see how it goes when home and on full WiFi.

Only had the phone for a week and this only happen last night so will keep an eye on it.
    11-16-2015 11:51 AM