Hi there, Ive spent days trawling the internet and trying solutions to no avail, trying to avoid having to do a factory reset.

My Samsung note 2 connects perfectly and instantly to all other wifi networks and holds the connection no problem, tested on mutliple networks, so the phone wifi appears to be fully functional.
    The only problem is on my home wifi. My phone used to connect perfectly, and other devices (my laptop, tv, and wifes phone) all still connect just fine, however all of a sudden my phone is having the following 'symptoms':

I enter the wifi password, it connects for literally 1 second or less then immediately disconnects. I try to access the wifi network again and it again asks for the password again. It doesnt even hold it as saved secured, it just says 'Secured (WPS Available). Repeat, repeat, repeat.
    This happens whether I am in flight mode or normal.

I have tried:
    Rebooting the phone
    Rebooting the wifi network
    WPS Push
    Static IP input
    Changing the gateway channel to an unused

I am at a loss here. I have seen that a factory reset may correct the problem but as the phone works fine on other networks I was hoping to avoid that, and as other devices connect perfectly to the home wifi, that seems to work also. I just have no idea how to get my phone and the network to reconnect.

Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!
    11-16-2015 01:45 AM
    Try setting the router to unsecured (no password). If it stays connected, Forget that connection and set the router for AES encryption (not TKIP+AES). If it's a Linksys, that probably still won't fix it, but if not, it should. (Linksys doesn't seem to care that their TKIP implementation doesn't work with Android, and their AES implementation barely does. I guess reputation is one of the things Cisco didn't buy when they bought Linksys.)
    11-16-2015 03:08 AM