So about two weeks ago I bought a set of 3 brand new chargers off eBay because my old ones were lost.
    I had my phone plugged into my laptop charging through said USB charger I had purchased and it started making a sizzling/sparkling sound so I unplugged it immediately. That charger didn't work anymore after that so I used a different one and left it to charge overnight and when I woke up my phone was dead completely, won't turn on & when I do try to charge it the empty battery symbol will show up and the red light will blink on and off. I've tried charging it into different walls, but I'm not sure if it's the charger or if it's my phone.
    11-16-2015 11:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Was that charger simply buzzing, or did you actually smell smoke or ozone (that sort of electrical burning smell)? If it was smoking, I'd be concerned that either the phone's microUSB port or the battery (or worse yet, the motherboard) got zapped. This kind of thing can happen with a poorly made charger.

Try charging it overnight on a wall outlet using a reliable brand-name charger. If it doesn't power up after pressing and holding Power for a good 20-30 seconds, then something got burned out. Bring it to a repair shop to figure out what it was.
    11-16-2015 11:34 AM