Android 6 Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 installation fails

A

AC Question

I received notification from AT&T about an upgrade to my software. I download the 609 mb upgrade, and the proceed to "Continue". The phone reboots and starts to do something, and then I get a warning that I should check the back of the phone to insure waterproof seal. The back and the charging port are both in correct position as far as I can see,

I then get a message that the upgrade has failed, and I should try again. When I try again, the link that says 'resume upgrade' is greyed out, and if I try to re-download, I'm told that the phone is up-to-date, and that I can try again in 24 hours.

I've tried this twice, two days in a row, and twice the same results.

Anybody else got this problem? What's solution?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I received notification from AT&T about an upgrade to my software. I download the 609 mb upgrade, and the proceed to "Continue". The phone reboots and starts to do something, and then I get a warning that I should check the back of the phone to insure waterproof seal. The back and the charging port are both in correct position as far as I can see,

I then get a message that the upgrade has failed, and I should try again. When I try again, the link that says 'resume upgrade' is greyed out, and if I try to re-download, I'm told that the phone is up-to-date, and that I can try again in 24 hours.

I've tried this twice, two days in a row, and twice the same results.

Anybody else got this problem? What's solution?

Welcome to Android Central!

I would try to use Samsung Kies to do the update. Should work just fine with Kies.

Samsung Kies, Free Download Kies 3, Latest PC Suite, Mobile Software, Window 7 PC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12