Had a "music playback error" in the default music app, so whilst I was looking for solutions, I turned the phone off, when I turned it back on, everything on my SD has disappeared despite everything other than the music working perfectly normally before restart.

I cant find anyone with the same problem as me by searching, so does anyone know whats going on:
    - can it be restored?
    - Is this some sort of corruption thing that means its likely to happen again?

Thanks
    11-17-2015 10:10 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Chances are that the card is either defective, got corrupted, or is counterfeit. Does the phone still recognize the card? If so, run SD Insight to check its validity. If it's counterfeit, that usually means someone reprogrammed a smaller card to make it think it's bigger. It works fine until you exceed the actual storage space, after which the data can become corrupt or lost.

If the phone doesn't recognize the card, remove it and insert it into your computer. If the computer can't detect it, the card is dead, and unfortunately the data is gone as well. If the computer can read it, use chkdsk to scan for bad sectors, and possibly salvage some data: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card
    11-17-2015 01:40 PM
    Try appp called card recovery. I have used it many times for sd, micro sd and CF cards....well worth the $.
    11-21-2015 10:53 PM