1. AC Question's Avatar
    My SG3 has had water enter it, however I did not do anything about it as it did not seem to affect battery life or phone itself.
    My phone has had overheating/heating issues since then while having more than 5-6 apps in the background, although I've believed that it may be unrelated to it.
    Today, I plugged my phone into a power outlet, and the USB wire was bent at the part that was supposed to enter the wall charging adapter. I adjusted it back in place, but a few moments later I had come back to it and the phone was moderately hot (it was off while charging) and the powercable as well as the wall charging outlet adapter were hot and had a burning smell coming from it.

    I've stopped the usage of that USB wire and wall adapter, however I would like to know if this would have any impact on my phone or if this was just a one time thing?

    I tried charging with another USB wire and wall adapter and it charges fine, with some very very minuscule heat (barely able to sense it at all).
    11-17-2015 08:06 PM
  2. itguyjax8430's Avatar
    My SG3 has had water enter it, however I did not do anything about it as it did not seem to affect battery life or phone itself.
    My phone has had overheating/heating issues since then while having more than 5-6 apps in the background, although I've believed that it may be unrelated to it.
    Today, I plugged my phone into a power outlet, and the USB wire was bent at the part that was supposed to enter the wall charging adapter. I adjusted it back in place, but a few moments later I had come back to it and the phone was moderately hot (it was off while charging) and the powercable as well as the wall charging outlet adapter were hot and had a burning smell coming from it.

    I've stopped the usage of that USB wire and wall adapter, however I would like to know if this would have any impact on my phone or if this was just a one time thing?

    I tried charging with another USB wire and wall adapter and it charges fine, with some very very minuscule heat (barely able to sense it at all).
    Welcome to Android Central!

    It sounds like the water damage has caused some kind of short in the phone. I would recommend taking it to a repair place to see if they can figure out the issue.
    11-20-2015 11:39 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Best texting app and keyboard for G4
    By DerekkkA in forum LG G4
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 05:35 AM
  2. Can I install the Kitkat 4.4.4 (G900T) on my Galaxy S5 G900A?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 11:35 AM
  3. Why am I missing apps and Folders
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 11:31 AM
  4. I have no idea what thw actual problem is, please help!
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 11:23 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2015, 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD