Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I wondered if anybody could help regarding my or more specifically my wifes mobile phone rights.
    On Saturday my wife upgraded from a iPhone 4 to a Galaxy A 5 at carphone warehouse. Everything was going ok until we got home and realised that Carphone Warehouse had issued her with a normal sim card rather than the required nano one. After phoning Carphone Warehouse they said I could go in with picture ID and situation could be sorted. Anyway I drove 20 miles back only for a store rep to say they couldn't do anything as Vodafone won't let them swap sims without verification from my wife. "we phoned Carphone warehouse and they said you could" 'ah they are useless it's a rep they say anything to get you off the phone "came the reply.
    After me getting irate they stated my wife would have to phone Vodafone for them to sort out. So my wife has no phone and to make matters worse the vodafone customer relations is undoubtedly the worst customer experience we have ever thought was possible. First call takes 35 minutes to get through only for a French guy who clearly doesn't understand and keeps saying we need to go to Carphone warehouse. After several frustrating minutes nothing is resolved. This time my wife phone Warehouse again and after another wait say it's vodafone. Anyway finally after hours of backwards and forwards my wife speaks to a guy from Vodafone who apologises and assures my wife a nano sim will be with us Monday. Clearly I knew this wouldn't happen but assumed by Tuesday it would happen and low and behold no such sim card turned up. So today Wednesday I tried phoning Vodafone who won't let me speak to them for security purposes. I contacted wife who's working without a phone. From work she has phoned Vodafone. Firstly she was cut off (happened few times Saturday - don't they record conversations like other professional companies?) then when she got through again the foreign woman said that it (the sim) had been sent to Carphone warehouse. The Woman didn't know which one "they should have texted you" "I haven't got a phone "my wife fumed to be cut off again.
    So my wife has got a phone but can't use it for purpose. Anybody any idea what we can do?
    11-18-2015 08:04 AM
    Start on the premise that you will always increase your blood pressure trying to talk logically to any UK network or store support.
    I would love to have recordings of my conversions with Three over the years, hilarious, but any way...

Some or most carriers now issue 3 piece full sim cards that can be unclipped to leave a Micro or again a Nano sized sim.

If Vodafone dont, any Vodafone store should swap her sim for HER, and activation occurs in under 30 minutes usually.
    I would head to Vodafone direct, it's a Vodafone sim.
    A Three store changed a faulty new sim on the spot for me.

Are you so remote that would be difficult.
    11-18-2015 08:34 AM
    Hi Madd ,Many thanks for your reply .I would have thought Carphone warehouse staff would have known about about being able to unclip the sim?I think we will pay Vodafone a visit tomorrow.I hope it's sorted out my wife is fuming not having a mobile for 4 days through no fault of own
    11-18-2015 08:42 AM
    Hi Madd ,Many thanks for your reply .I would have thought Carphone warehouse staff would have known about about being able to unclip the sim?I think we will pay Vodafone a visit tomorrow.I hope it's sorted out my wife is fuming not having a mobile for 4 days through no fault of own
    Thinking again you probably meant she have kept her original sim so that wouldn't work for a Nano slot.

Yes, definitely go to a Vodafone store. CPW are good with phone problems, or used to be, but they have now sold you a contract with Vodafone. You were unlucky with a bad store and CS. I may pop in to a Vodafone store shortly to ask. I was a 10 year + customer of Vodafone until their pricing went crazy, although they seem to be improving again.

Hope she can get it sorted.
    11-18-2015 08:50 AM
    Thanks would be great if you could pop into store for me to find out.The telephone people are ironically useless.When my wife bought the phone the guy at Carphone activated a Sim Card that didn't fit .
    11-18-2015 08:56 AM
    Thanks would be great if you could pop into store for me to find out.The telephone people are ironically useless.When my wife bought the phone the guy at Carphone activated a Sim Card that didn't fit .
    I told them about CPW not posting one.
    Yes, walk in to any Vodafone store and ask for a sim swap. Do it there and then. Must be the account holder.

There are guides here for moving to iOS, and closing iMessages. Also try the Samsung Smart Switch program on a pc for backups and pc drivers. Samsung Kies is still available but Smart Switch is taking over.
    The Smart Switch app won't be of any use unless she was changing from another Samsung.

Good luck.

(the cpw guy assumed it was a micro sim phone huh? Shoulda checked before letting her walk out, but there you go )
    dazkil2103 likes this.
    11-18-2015 11:18 AM
    Thank you so much very kind
    anon8380037 likes this.
    11-18-2015 11:20 AM