My phone screen won't wake up when receiving texts/emails/etc

A

AC Question

I have Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, I had it since June, it is on Lollipop 5.1 version, ever since I got the phone, it don't wake up when I get a text/whatsapp etc , all it do is the led light flickering which is annoying as I need the phone to actually wake up to let me know that I have a text/email due to my deafness and I miss the vibration alert often.

I did go to my provider and they said it was the Lollipop doing this, it have stopped the phone from waking up and that I have to wait and hope that the future android updates will re-add it.

any idea?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I believe Lollipop did that to help curb excess battery consumption. I don't think there is a way to change that. Your best bet for a chance would be rooting and installing Xposed Framework, and perhaps the Gravity Box module.

shz84

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Strange since my best friend have a samsung a3 (we are in the UK) and it is on lollipop version 5.0 , her phone does wake up when she get notifications on the lockscreen , rather than a led light. So how can it be Lollipop issue if it works on her phone perfectly fine and yet won't work on my sony xperia z3 compact? It is very bizarre.