I just purchased some Galaxy Tab S2s for our employees (5 in all) and would like to restrict the use of these tablets to mainly just work related. The restricted user account would work great however I realize employees can simply bypass this by using the guest account which would make restricting users pointless.

From what I've gathered I will need to root all of these tablets in order to make the suggested edits to completely remove the guest accounts so that I can properly limit usage on the tablets. I am not well versed in rooting devices having done it only a few times and with lots of headaches when it came to updating to the newest build.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternatives or a much easier, simple, hassle free way of rooting all these tablets while keeping up to date with OS versions. It seems very counter intuitive that there would not be an easier way to remove the guest account. Your time and help is much appreciated.
    11-18-2015 10:57 AM
    As far as I could see, there is no way of permanently deleting the Guest Account (Be my guest to correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

However, you can lock it by introducing a pin or a password while you are in guest account, similar to how you introduce a pin to your own account. But there is a catch, while you are in your own account, if you select Guest account it will prompt for a password, but it also gives the option to delete the current Guest Account. When you delete the current Guest Account, it removes the existing account with password and create a new Guest account without a password. I can see what was the thinking behind it, but all the same they could have given us the option to deactivate the guest account.

Anyway, you can introduce the PIN to your current guest account and hope anyone poking around (like my 3 year old daughter) doesn't find the delete option on the dropdown bar.
    03-16-2016 04:05 AM