In a Samsung S5 is 16 GB enough or is 32 GB recommended?

A

AC Question

I'm considering getting an S5 shortly and am trying to figure out what size I need.

Your first question might be what I'm going to use it for. Nothing extraordinary. I do take pictures and videos but not extensively. I dont know how many apps I'd want since I've never had a Samsung before.

The only comparison I have is that I have an iPhone 4s 16 GB and I'm finding 16 GB to not be much. But I've only been short on space recently (even after deleting a lot of stuff), while in the past it's been fine. So I wonder if your phone just takes up more space after you've been using it a long time with dead space?

I'm not fixed on the S5 though, if there's other phones y'all recommend (at a similar price point) I'm open to hearing it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
App caches can fill space, as will photos, music, videos. Especially with a Samsung, 16 GB is really not enough. Samsung's added apps take up more space than would be used on a Nexus 5X when you compare capacity out of the box, this is how Google can get away with offering the 5X with 16 and 32 GB capacities on the 5X rather than a base of 32 like on the 6P (which still doesn't have a lot of extraneous apps but it's a more premium device so it starts at higher capacities). We're not talking a huge difference though (between the S5 and the 5X).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci