Galaxy Ace - Which folder stores contacts

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy Ace which had a problem. I copied all the folders to my PC via USB and followed the agents instructions. The problem was fixed but all my contacts had gone. This was explained to me so it was no surprise. Unfortunately I have no idea which folder holds my contacts.

Any ideas anyone?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't know if you can get them back that way. He should have advised you to backup or sync to the Samsung Kies program on pc, or now the Samsung Smart Switch pc backup program, Kies is being phased out I think.

(the Smart Switch app is only for transferring from old to new Samsung devices, iirc)

However, Samsung contacts are usually either Google (cloud) Contacts, Samsung (cloud) Contacts, device contacts only synced to Kies on a pc, and some few contacts can be stored on the sim as a number and name only.

Hopefully if you haven't tried yet, turn master sync on and go to Accounts - Google - and check the Contacts box.
Same for Samsung Contacts. If you don't remember setting up a Samsung account or can't remember the log in details, the local Samsung. com site is helpful in prompting you back to your account.

Later you could use Merge to move all Samsung and device contacts to the Google account, which is the safest thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordNikonX