Will Android 6 have the permission to install applications on external storage?

A

AC Question

I am hearing that Android 6 will give you the option to store apps on your external storage which means that there will be no differentiation between the internal & external storage. Is it true? Currently Android 4 or Android 5 does not allow you to store applications on your external storage. Will that be changed on Android 6?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's called adoptable storage--read more here: Inside Marshmallow: Adoptable storage | Android Central

Although this sounds all well and good, I would still be cautious about relying on a microSD card to expand a phone's app installation capacity. Keep in mind that microSD cards can be low quality, defective, or counterfeit. An expert in the flash memory field I recently spoke to told me that when compared to flash memory used for enterprise, the memory in consumer SD cards is generally bottom-of-the-barrel. So if you were using a microSD card as adoptable storage, installed a lot of apps on it, and it failed, you might end up losing a lot of data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos