I am hearing that Android 6 will give you the option to store apps on your external storage which means that there will be no differentiation between the internal & external storage. Is it true? Currently Android 4 or Android 5 does not allow you to store applications on your external storage. Will that be changed on Android 6?
    11-20-2015 11:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's called adoptable storage--read more here: Inside Marshmallow: Adoptable storage | Android Central

Although this sounds all well and good, I would still be cautious about relying on a microSD card to expand a phone's app installation capacity. Keep in mind that microSD cards can be low quality, defective, or counterfeit. An expert in the flash memory field I recently spoke to told me that when compared to flash memory used for enterprise, the memory in consumer SD cards is generally bottom-of-the-barrel. So if you were using a microSD card as adoptable storage, installed a lot of apps on it, and it failed, you might end up losing a lot of data.
    11-21-2015 01:44 AM