I got a new Xiaomi power bank two weeks ago and used it as usual without any issues. Then today I plugged it in to my phone. Within 10-15 minutes the battery got really uncomfortably hot and the battery level barely increased from charging. I knew it wasn't normal.

Using Ampere I found that the battery temperature was 40-41C, and the output current going into my phone was lower than the discharging rate itself which shouldn't be happening. I immediately pulled out the cable and instinctively blew some air into both ends of the cable. I plugged it back in and everything went back to normal including temperature during charging (around 36C) and output voltage. Probably some small particles was obstructing the connectors? Scary.

The main concern is whether my phone or battery will sustain any damage from this? Getting paranoid.
    11-21-2015 09:17 AM
    That temperature is not exceedingly high so you'll probably be all right.
    Could I suggest that you don't assume that the problem is fixed? There may be a loose connection or something inside the phone. The unplugging apparent-fix may have been misleading. It may be worth getting it checked.
    11-21-2015 02:48 PM