Unable to move app. Not enough storage space. Galaxy S5

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5
When trying to transfer a transferable app to the SD card i get the message mentioned above. The system storage info shows that there is 56 GB free out of 59.47GB. Android version 5.0.2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is that 56 GB free on the microSD card? What's the exact model of the S5 that you have? Just want to make sure it isn't some clone that uses the old way of partitioning Internal Storage into an App Storage area and an Internal SD (that is separate from the external microSD). In this kind of situation, moving an app to SD would go to the Internal SD, and if you don't have much more space left in your Internal Storage, this is why you might get an error.

PeterChapp

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
It used to work with the actual SD card. I had to uninstall the apps that were on the card where the icon was grey and the check box was green under the SD card in the apps management file. I have since taken out and reinserted the same card and reformatted it. The device recognizes the card. How ever have not tried another card at this time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have since replaced the old Scandisk 64MB SD card with a new Scandisk 64MB SD card with a download speed of 90MB. Everything works again, and I can again transfer apps to the SD card.

How old is the bad Sandisk card? Sandisk has a pretty good warranty, so you might want to give them a call and see if you can get a free replacement card from them.

FotomanDave

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Please help! I'm having the same problem. I just upgraded my sd card to a 128gb Class 10 card. My internal memory only has 1gb available. It will not allow me to move any moveable app to the SD card. The apps say Move to SD, but when I try it says not enough storage. I'm running the newest OS.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Please help! I'm having the same problem. I just upgraded my sd card to a 128gb Class 10 card. My internal memory only has 1gb available. It will not allow me to move any moveable app to the SD card. The apps say Move to SD, but when I try it says not enough storage. I'm running the newest OS.

Posted via the Android Central App

Its always better to start a new thread to avoid confusion. You have tagged this on to a thread about a Galaxy S5. Is that the device you have?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz