Was trying to free up some space on my internal storage yesterday. It ended up becoming a nightmare. I selected all my pictures from the camera folder on my phone dating back to the start of october, and then moving them to the SD card where I made a new folder for them. After successfully transfering something liker 240+ pics/vids I went to check out the space cleared and notice something strange.

The storage amount for pictured had dropped quite a bit, so I go to check out the folder of pictures and are met with a bunch of black icons... All the pictures was seemingly currupted and unreadable. I figured I might aswell try to take out the sd card and restart the phone to see if that did anything.

And surely it did... Now even the folder is gone, and so is any evidence of the existence of the pictures. I hate my phone so much right now. A lot of these pictures were traveling pictures from different trips done the last one and a half months.

Is there any chance of recovering these pictures? I tried running Recuva on the card, but all it finds is pictures that arent actually deleted.
    11-21-2015 11:42 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get your SD card? Counterfeit cards are relatively common--counterfeiters take a smaller card and reprogram it to make it think it's larger. Everything is fine until you exceed the actual storage capacity of the card, and then files start to corrupt. Run SD Insight to check the validity of the card.
    11-21-2015 01:49 PM