So it appears that I have successfully used the BB method and have a Galaxy s6 with unlimited data. Weird thing is that my messaging (which WAS a 250 text allowance) is now showing .20 per text.
    The way I see it there are 3 choices:
    1. Assume I'm home free on the UDP and call Verizon and try to get messaging reinstated (although someone recommended this - I think it might be a mistake)
    2. Set up Google Voice and Hangouts to text using wifi (the only problem here is that I don't want to use it for calls and would rather avoid the whole "new number" thing
    3. Try to find an SMS that simply draws texts off of my UDP - THIS IS WHAT I THINK IS PROBABLY BEST FOR ME AND HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH.
    Am I looking at this right? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
    11-22-2015 12:06 PM
    I would ensure you can see the message feature on your plan via your My Verizon account.
    11-23-2015 01:00 PM
    When you upgraded, you probably accidentally switched to a paygo plan. You can use the my Verizon app or the website to switch to a tiered messaging plan or move to a talk and text plan

I've kept my UDP - but am now getting a .20 per text chg for messaging. What should I do?-uploadfromtaptalk1448307695228.jpg

You can check to see which text plan you are on
    I've kept my UDP - but am now getting a .20 per text chg for messaging. What should I do?-uploadfromtaptalk1448307706195.jpg
    11-23-2015 01:53 PM
    "Set up Google Voice and Hangouts to text using wifi (the only problem here is that I don't want to use it for calls and would rather avoid the whole "new number" thing"

Ask Verizon (you may have to work your way up the customer support ladder to tech support, then to a few supervisors or, if you're off-contract, I'd start with the Retension department) and see if you can port just your number, not your account, out to Google Voice and give you a different Verizon number. (GV will send calls to both your cellphone, your home, your wife's cellphone - all at the same time. First one answering gets the call. Verizon can't do that for you.).

Then you have the same number (on GV) and you can send texts with Hangouts. (The GV app also lets you make calls on either your "new" Verizon number or you "old", now GV, number, if you've never seen the app in action.)
    11-25-2015 10:29 PM