How can I recover data (Photos, videos, voice recordings) off of my dying Samsung Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

Earlier in the day I pulled out my Samsung Galaxy S4 and it was obvious the GPU crashed. Only about 1/5 of the screen appeared and it was fairly digitized. Throughout the day, it has progressively gotten worse and now I can barely make out what is left of the screen. As a musician, I have some really important data on my phone (voice recordings of ideas, videos) that I would be in deep trouble if I lost. My phone is protected by a lock screen (swipe pattern, no character input!) and of course to pull the data off of my phone it needs to be unlocked. I was able to unlock it earlier but now I have no such luck. I understand ADB (Android Debug Bridge) will allow me to do this, but I do not understand how to unlock my phone through ADB if I have a swipe pattern. So my question is, how can I pull this data from my phone onto my computer and bypass/input my swipe pattern to access it? I have not used ADB in the past so it is entirely possible that it will allow me to do just this thing, but I have no idea. Any other methods would be entirely acceptable, just keep in mind that I cannot even see my swipe lock so the USB mouse method (or anything similar) would really be impossible to do. I'm taking my phone to Verizon in the next day to get a new phone, and while I'm sure they could possibly do this in store, I am still fairly skeptical about it. Earlier when I was able to access my phone, I did enable USB debugging, so unless it didn't save, debugging should be activated. My phone seems to be responding fine (it is charging when I plug it in, still gives me notifications, etc). Also important to note, most of this stuff is saved on my internal hard drive, not my SD card, so I cannot simply pull that out to recover my data. Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol