How to the LG "lucky"or lgl16c. I have tried v rppt towel root king root and all have failed. It is a tracfone with straight talk. Need a root so I can tether but all root applications say model isn't supported or failed root.
    11-25-2015 04:30 PM
    Rooting depends on a bug in the ROM to get temporary root privileges, so the program can permanently root the ROM. If no one has discovered a bug for that ROM in that phone, you can't root it unless you build the ROM from scratch (which can be done if you run Linux and know how to compile programs).

Try two more rooting methods, though, iRoot and Kingo, befoe you give up. (Tracfones can be tricky - they modify the ROM, so there may just not be a rooting method for it.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-25-2015 05:38 PM
    I installed kingo root which allowed me only temporary access to root... (Reverting back to pre-root after reboot. ..). While I had that temporary root access... I installed KingRoot from their home website. BAM! I restarted and am still granted superuser access. So.. Install Kingo root, run app and gain root access. Now install KingRoot and take control. Restart phone. Root privileges should still be accessible. Uninstall kingo root. Good luck..
    07-03-2016 11:45 AM