Forgotten Pin

maria_74

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I forgot my pin password. Is there any way to recover it? I'm trying to change the security type gron a pin to my fingerprint, but it's requiring that I enter my pin. Is there any way to resolve this problem. Thank you in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

maria_74

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I am able to unlock my phone using the "lock my screen" feature on findmymobile.samsung.com site. However, the screen lock type in the lock screen & security section is set to pin. I don't know how this was changed to pin, as I've always had it set for my fingerprint. Regardless, I want to change to lock screen type back to fingerprint, but I need the correct pin in order to change this option.

I have tried ever number combination I can think of, but they don't work...and, I can't even get the "unlock via Google" option to pop up and I've entered the incorrect password at least 50 times from the lock screen. I'm at my wits end.

Thank you!

maria_74

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I have gone through the Android Device Manager to "lock my screen" and essentially unlock my phone. However, my "lock screen type" in the lock & security settings is set to pin. I don't know how this happened as is always been set to use my fingerprint. Regardless, I don't know the pin combination in order to change the lock screen type. I have used every number combination I can think of and none work.

I have tried to enter the incorrect pin at least 50 times from the home lock screen, but I can't even get the "unlock via Google" option to pop up. And, while I'm essentially able to unlock my phone, I have set it to the maximum inactivity lock out time of 1 hour. But, I don't want to carry my tablet around everywhere in order to be able to unlock it from the Android Device Manager site.

So, since I've tried everything I can think of, is there something that I'm not thinking of in order to reset my pin? I'm really at my wits end. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo