Playlist sync

A

AC Question

I have an MP3 player with the Google play app installed. I have created playlists via the app. When I sign in to google play on my computer, the playlists don't show up correctly. Is there a way to sync the two and KEEP the playlists I've made on my app or will it sync to what the computer has by default? One playlist has about 500 songs and the same list on the computer shows about 50.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Playlists created on Google Play Music anywhere (be it a phone, tablet, wi-fi device, or computer) should sync everywhere else, as long as you're logged into the same Google account. Are you certain you're using the same account?

mc2581

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes it's the same account. It's my dad's. He has an MP3 player which I loaded songs on via my computer and he uses google play app to play songs. He created playlists on his app and doesn't go online which is why it hasn't synced yet. For example one playlist on his app has over 500 songs. When I log on his account on the computer the same playlist only has about 50 songs. I was afraid if I synced them that the list on his player would revert to what the computer has and he would only have 50 songs on that one list when he has 500 now.

mc2581

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I hate to try it and it wipe out the updated lists made via the app. I may have to go thru one by one and update the playlists on the web so I know for sure he won't lose what he's made on the app :( was hoping to maybe find someone who had done this before to see if it merges or defaults to what the web has.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could make a test playlist using your own phone. Add about 10 songs to it first, then sync it. Then turn off sync, and add more songs to the playlist on the phone only. You could also add separate songs to the same playlist on the computer only. Then turn sync back on, and see if the playlists merge, or if one wipes out the other.