I recently had a Note 3 and had several virues. Had to reset the phone several times. I just purchased a note 5 and don't want to get another virus. Is this common with Androids or certain apps? I know apples have never had problems with viruses. The only think i can think of is music downloader apps or internet sites. Any good music apps out there that no one has had problems with? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2015 10:03 PM
    You can install Avast if you're worried.
    12-03-2015 03:24 PM
    I did on my old phone and it didn't catch that I had a virus. Said all was good after the scan. So don't know if it will catch them before they get in my phone. Any experiences with it? Thanks

12-03-2015 03:52 PM
    What kinda things your phone do? Would it send drafted texts? start apps on its own?
    12-05-2015 09:16 PM
    Everytime I unlocked my phone from the lock screen it would either automatically take me to the Internet or the app store. It was trying to tell me download something or install an app . Also the Internet would be different sites with sayings like I won something or a picture of an android saying you have a virus, press here.

12-05-2015 11:30 PM
    Everytime I unlocked my phone from the lock screen it would either automatically take me to the Internet or the app store. It was trying to tell me download something or install an app . Also the Internet would be different sites with sayings like I won something or a picture of an android saying you have a virus, press here.

Sounds like some form of adware installed onto your device.

Anyone having this type of problem should perform a factory reset and stay away from whatever it was that created that problem.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-05-2015 11:37 PM