Can't connect wifi

zain din

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I know this is not for Android but I'm sure someone knows... other forums are not replying

Hi,*

So basically my machine used to me my works machine*with the domain etc... Therefore internet was under the workgroup of course.*

However I now use this computer at home and no longer need the domain and workgroup connection but my Personal wifi instead.

I removed the domain name and I can log in normally, however I can not connect to wifi. It restricts me to using only an Etherley connection. Displaying only an Ethernet connection with an X over it.

so how do I change it so I can use wifi as you would of this was your personal computer at home

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this your own computer that you were working for work? Or is it a computer that your work provided to you? Did the workplace IT department have to do anything special to the computer, in terms of security?

What happens when you connect to your home network? It shows as connected but without any internet connection? Do other devices connect normally?

zain din

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply

this was a work computer but now belongs to me personally.

I think it is still connected to the domain (although I am logging in using a personal account not domain)

and it will not let me have the option to connect to my home network it just shows an Ethernet connection with an X and nothing else.... I want it so that it will allow connection to my home wifi

Posted via the Android Central App