Lollipop sharing

dv8info

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If I want to share say contact info with a contact, all I can do is share with one of 8 preselected contacts at the top of the share screen. How do I choose someone else from my contacts?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I'm not fully understanding the situation. Please forgive me if this is mundane info but see the following.

Say you want to share contact info with someone. Let me know which step it is that you get to your problem.

1) Open your contacts app
2) Find contact you wish to share
3.a) Long press contact and select share
-or-
3.b) Open contact info and click more>share name card.
4) Select the method you would like to send the name card. Such as text message, email, bluetooth, or similar.
5) Now choose the recipient's number, email, device, or corresponding type of transfer info needed.
6) Compose or simply send the data via the transfer type you choose.
7) Confirm the data was sent / wait for conformation that the data has been transfered.

dv8info

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My contacts app is Android "Phone". Long press on a contact does nothing except open the contact. Same as short press. Click the 3 dots top right, choose share to get the share menu. There is no option to share using sms, only 8 preselected contacts at the top. This is the same share menu in most lollipop apps, and it's frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX