I purchased a pair of Galaxy S5 phones from eBay. My wife's phone works fine, but mine had no output at all from the IR blaster. I used the camera on my old phone to confirm that her phone has output, but mine has nothing at all coming from the port (using three different remote programs). I reported this to the seller and they agreed to replace the phone. The replacement just arrived and the first thing I did was check the IR. Once again the IR blaster is completely dead. What is going on here? I installed the latest updates and again tried several different programs. And again, I used my wife's phone as a positive control. Is this something in software? Or could the seller be breaking something when they unlock the phone? I'm at a complete loss.
    12-04-2015 11:51 PM
    Try to instal Peel remote control....if it still isn't working mybe there is a hardware problem

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-05-2015 01:02 AM
    Peel came pre-installed on the phone, so it was the first thing I tried. I had to update it to the latest version before it would open. I also downloaded another remote app just to make sure. That is the only app I've installed so far.

This morning I also tried it without the SIM and SD cards just to make sure they weren't somehow corrupting things (doesn't sound plausible, but it is the only thing in common between the two defective phones).

Just to clarify, the phones were sold in "new" condition (which seems believable) and I checked that the serial numbers are different of the original and replacement phones.
    12-05-2015 10:21 AM
    Hi guys, sorry for my bad english, i try to tell you about my problem. I bought brand new HTC one m9 from ebay, my phone was in new condition, but some days ago i tried to use Peel smart remote and i shoked I download all remote programs for from market and for my phone personaly, i take another phone's camera to check my IR-blaster working (no light). I scared that my new phone have a burned IR blaster I have android 5.1 and my phone is not rooted, but i dont think that this is important. Please guys give me some advice. Help me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2016 12:55 AM