G S6 Black screen, won't boot, steady blue light on (not flashing)

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 SM-G920V firmware G920VVRU3BOG5 (5.1.1)

When I'm trying to power on the phone, I get the initial black and white "Samsung Galaxy S6" screen. Then everything goes black and the blue LED on the top left lights up and stays on, does not flash or dim, just stays on.

The phone does not vibrate or make any sound when it does this.

What I've tried to fix it:

1) Power + Volume down (maintenance boot mode)
I've tried normal boot, factory reset and booting in safe mode, all just give me a black screen with the blue LED.

2) Power + Volume Up + Home (andoid system recovery screen)
When doing this, the phone displays the black and white "Samsung Galaxy S6" screen, followed by a bluish colored screen with a little android guy on it, followed by the dead android guy with a yellow exclamation triangle over his head, then goes into the android system recovery menu. On this screen I can wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and reboot and I still get a black screen with a steady blue LED.

3) Power + Volume Down + Home followed by Volume Up (Downloading screen)
Takes me to the bluish screen warning me about downloading a custom OS. After hitting up it does not show the knox has ever been triggered. I've tried using ODIN 3.10.6 to reinstall fresh firmware (5.1.1 G920VVRU3BOG5) and after it successfully installs it, it boots to a black screen with the steady blue LED.

I'm at a loss and can't figure out how to get this damn thing to boot...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49