I can't seem to get GPM (Google Play Music) to send metadata to my pioneer third party head unit if my car. My current phone is an LG G3 running CM 12.1. And my head unit is a Pioneer AVH-X2700BS.

When the music first starts, it'll show the first song that is played. From then on, the first song will stay up on the head unit, but the track seek and playback state will change with the music.

This only has been happening with GPM. If I use the cyanogenmod stock music app, it updates without a problem.

I would like to continue using GPM since I'm paying for unlimited music access, and I really do like the player.

I have attempted to reboot my phone and head unit. Uninstall updates to GPM and reinstall the latest version, I have also attempted to use an app that is supposed to sense and push the notification data from music apps over Bluetooth. None of these have worked.

Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-07-2015 04:15 PM
    As it turns out, it was modder's remorse. CM seemed to be the issue, upgraded to a Nexus 6p, and the issue no longer exists.
    12-10-2015 04:35 PM