Ok so almost a month ago I bought myself a brand new samsung galaxy J1 through Verizon wireless. All was well until about a week ago. I press the power button to turn my phone to the home screen, then I'll press one of the app icons on my home screen and it'll take every bit of 15 + seconds just to open it. I don't have many apps that I've personally installed most came with the phone and I regularly erase all my cache you could even say daily. So someone please help me out with as many things, (literally)as you can possibly think of for me to do to increase the speed of my phone... Thanks a million...

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-08-2015 03:10 AM
    Hi and welcome to AC!

First off, have you uninstalled and disabled all preloaded apps you don't use? (Aka bloatware).

How much is really not many apps?

Next, it's not good to wipe cache on a daily basic, as that defeats the purpose of caching data. This will actually slow your device down a little as it's having to load all the data and fill the cache back up. Only when some corrupted files are cached is when things start acting up.

Are you using stock Touchwiz launcher? TW is known as a heavy UI launcher which can result in some lag. You could try a third party launcher such as Nova or many other options.
    12-08-2015 05:21 AM
    Thank you for your rapid responses. Now to answer you're questions, yes I have Uninstalled and disabled every personal app or stock app/bloatware that I no longer or rarely use. By not many apps that I've downloaded I have 6 apps that didn't come with the phone that's it.And the answer to your last question is, I use Go Launcher EX.. if there's a better, more customizeable fast let me know plz. I'm always looking to speed up my smartphone...
    12-09-2015 02:01 AM
    Thank you for your rapid responses. Now to answer you're questions, yes I have Uninstalled and disabled every personal app or stock app/bloatware that I no longer or rarely use. By not many apps that I've downloaded I have 6 apps that didn't come with the phone that's it.And the answer to your last question is, I use Go Launcher EX.. if there's a better, more customizeable fast let me know plz. I'm always looking to speed up my smartphone...
    Hi, regarding your third point I would suggest Nova Launcher. You can increase / decrease the animation speed of the phone, making it snappier. Have you also considered taking the phone back to the store if it's a month old? there might be a fault with the phone.
    12-09-2015 02:39 AM
    You can change animation speed in stock TW through developer options.

I will second Nova Launcher Prime with Tesla Unread and your choice of icons.
    12-09-2015 05:42 PM
    Returnin it is out of the question I ordered it online from Amazon and they have a 14 day return policy it's been weeks past that. Next question I've wrote down about 3 pages of steps to take to help improve the speed of my phone, but when it says to go to your stock "my files" app that came on the phone and scroll through to see if there are files I don't need and delete then, but most files in my phone are labeled something that doesn't tell me crap about what the file contains... How do I know what I can delete and what I can't without screwing my phone way more. Also I have been looking into rooting my phone mainly for the customization aspect and a few other things. How would I go about doing that, then once that's done flashing a custom/new ROM...
    12-10-2015 10:39 AM