Newbie needs help please! I see several threads in this but none exactly the same or no suggestions that have worked for me. I have a 1 week old G4. It seems to have a real problem scanning (and connecting to) available WiFi networks, eg it will show none available when I know there are multiple on my other devices. Further evidence of this is when I am at work it often only shows my home network (11 miles away!) and keeps trying to connect, or it shows a long list of public and private networks it picked up an hour earlier as I walked done the street that are not available at the current location. Weird.

I cannot autoconnect to home or work WiFi, or manually, tried resetting router, WPS etc, all that seems to work is a phone reboot then connects ok initially but often then drops regularly and problem returns so not sustainable.

Have contacted LG support, quick response told me to hard reset - which I did, but no change. Waiting for further response but welcome views from the users on here as I fear they will just say its a software/app issue they have no control over. The core issue seems to be its ability to find and hold onto networks, really did it shows an out if range network rather than a live option, not updating etc.

Phone is as out of the box, have not changed any settings just installed apps as part of initial set up from my existing Google account. All other devices work fine all the time, no issues with my previous Android phone, no issue with home WiFi etc.
    All help extremely gratefully received.
    Thanks for reading.
    12-09-2015 04:27 AM
    Welcome to the forums. If you got it from your carrier, I would get an exchange. I didn't have any kind of problem like this with my G4.
    12-09-2015 09:19 AM
    Welcome to the forums. If you got it from your carrier, I would get an exchange. I didn't have any kind of problem like this with my G4.
    +1
    12-09-2015 10:10 AM