I installed the latest android yahoo messenger and now I can only find some of my contact favourites list. The rest are hidden or gone.
    There seems to be almost no user controls around contacts too?
    The app kept wanting to import all contacts although I seem to have stopped this now... Don't know how I managed that either!
    The setting options are also very limited only covering alerts and the like.
    Okay so the old version was a bit clunky and looked a little dated but new shiny version is unusable! Really Irritating as the controls are either plain omitted or very well hidden. It seems as if it has been designed with the perfect user in mind Mr Nobody. I have the firm impression that yahoo want out of the IM space. There cannot have been any user testing either?
    Mind bogglingly incompetent.

Mobile App developers need to develop the ability to give users the option to accept a new version or not by providing some decent upgrade notes and the option to revert to a previous version. Developers need to lose some arrogance and empower users. Mind you the 'developers' at yahoo clearly don't make software because they evidently dont care what they produce.

In a word this version is pants! Sadly you can't use it as underwear as that at least would have some practical use!!!

It's ok I'm just going to lose the app. Feel much better after my rant though!
    12-09-2015 02:12 PM
    Sorry for your frustration.
    12-09-2015 02:34 PM