Virus alert & damaged battery alert...

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus 7 google tablet, bought as a gift in 2013, 16gb non-expandable memory, running Android 6.0

Two things. 1) I keep being told that I have a virus on my tablet from "adult content" sites--don't visit those sites like EVER... I read here, an older post, that there are no viruses on this tablet, is that for real true?! 2) I got a "damaged battery" message after the battery got drained too low the other day. Is that a real problem? Or am I just being hosed into thinking there are real problems on this tablet?

Both "messages" popped up in a chrome browser window.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You don't have a virus but something you have downloaded/installed had adware stuck to it.

Do you remember what you downloaded or installed around the time this started to happen?

You can TRY to uninstall the app and wipe system cache via recovery, but it's not likely to fix it.

You will need to back up and important info and do a factory reset. Make sure when setting your device back up, do not restore your data via Google account. Doing so runs the risk of having the same problem happening when restoring that data.