Hello all;
    I have a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, my wife has a Galaxy S6, I bought an original OEM Samsung wireless charger pad (the circular one), when trying yo charge the phone on the wireless charger it would charge for a few seconds and then it would stop charging and then back to charging after a couple of seconds, this was with both phones, so I assumed it was the charger, I bought an after market charger that looks like the original Samsung but not OEM, and I experienced the same issue.
    So I started searching the internet looking for a solution and I found a few solutions that did not work for me, such as turning daydream on, recalibrating the battery, and one more that I can't think of right now, neither of these solutions worked for me.
    I found another solution that did work for me which is, not to use the wireless charger with the USB cord and charger that the wall charger came with, but use it with the USB cord and wall charger that THE PHONE CAME WITH , and NOT connected to the computer but into a wall outlet.
    After I tried this bot of my chargers, the OEM and the aftermarket worked just fine.
    I hope this works and helps someone because I know that it was driving me loco.
    Please let me and everyone else if this worked for you.
    Enjoy!
    johnnyfeever and kristinlove like this.
    12-10-2015 09:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the tip! Computer USB ports provide fairly low current, so it's not too surprising that a wireless charger would have problems when plugged into a USB port rather than a wall outlet.
    12-10-2015 09:36 PM
    Thanks for the tip
    12-10-2015 11:42 PM
    Thanks ‘AC Question’. I just wanted to drop a note that your suggestion fixed my problem instantly as well. I was having the same issue of my device (Galaxy S6) cycling constantly between “Charging wirelessly” and “Wireless charging paused” when using the Samsung wireless charging disc. I had always used the charger’s included USB cord/plug and had it plugged directly into the wall, but still experienced the issue. Tried pushing the device around on the disc, moving the disc from interference, and many other recommendations without success.

When I simply substituted the Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging plug and cord that came with the charging disc with the one that came with the phone, the problem instantly went away. I had not considered this or noticed before, but upon closer inspection, the included charger’s white cord is slightly smaller/thinner than the same cord that came with the phone. You can see and feel the difference which may lead to some reduced current flow or other limiting condition. Regardless, problem solved. Hopefully your solution helps others. Thanks.
    12-28-2015 03:10 PM
    You are right about the cable. Got my wife an s6 for Christmas along with a Samsung qi disk charger. Had the problem with Wireless charging paused. Poked around on the internet and tried all kinds of things to fix it. nothing. I looked at the cable ends and saw that the cable that came with the disk, even though is a Samsung charger was different than the original cable that came with the phone. the small connector was nearly twice as long and the opening was narrower on the charger cable than on the phone cable. swapped the phone cable for the charger cable and all is working great. Have several Samsung devices, Galaxy 10.1 tablet, s5 active and the s6. all the original PHONE cables work but other aftermarket cables (with the smaller opening on the small end) do not.
    01-01-2016 12:19 PM
    This also worked for me with my new Galaxy Note 5. I had to use the cable that came with the phone, not the one that came with the wireless charger. Interesting.
    01-03-2016 03:14 PM
    I was using a long but very robust USB extension cable and a 3 inch long USB to microUSB cable to connect a Samsung fast charger to a Samsung wireless charger for my Note 5. It worked fine for a couple weeks, then started doing the pause thing. I tried restarting the phone, tried safe mode and tried daydream setting, but nothing helped. After reading this thread I replaced the 3 inch long USB to microUSB cable with a 1 foot long heavy duty Tronsmart cable, and it works fine now. Thanks for the tip!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-30-2016 10:35 AM
    I had the same experience. Someone posted that using a 2 amp charger would correct the problem, so I tried that and it worked. Also, someone suggested that the thinner charging cables were the problem, so I did and experiment, and tried the wireless charger with the thin cable, and the pausing/charging cycle happened again. I switched to the thicker cable with the 2 amp charger, and all is well, it works as it should.
    02-01-2016 11:40 AM
    thanks for the info it worked for me also

i just bought a s7 my first smart phone i am 64 yrs old so i thought it was the charger but after seeing your post it worked thank you so much
    03-25-2016 12:13 AM
    Using original fast adaptative charger and cable works fine. If I use a legacy usb cable non original Samsung it doesn't work. Just raise amperes to 1.6 few seconds and then falls to 0.5A and screen shows cable charging and not fast charging.

Use original accessories and all will go fine. By the way OEM cable and charger for me worked 2 weeks then die but shows like it works, so a little bit tricky just doesn't run fast charge. I purchase new one from Samsung store and visual quality and thin of usb cable was much better and they are working and my note 5 now charging battery in fast mode. Completes from 5% to 100% in about 1 hour. With old cables or non Samsung make take full night.
    04-20-2016 04:54 PM