I have a serious problem with my phone which is Oppo Neo 5 (2015), I accidentally turned on the 'unknown sources' in safety and privacy settings. I don't have any idea that this would make my phone risky. I also can't remember how or when did I turn on that in settings. Today, as I scanned my phone for probable virus, I almost had more than 40 malware and one trojan virus installed in one of the system application called 'come.android.os' I already downloaded some anti virus applications and anti malware but I couldn't get rid of it. I also wipe the data and cache of my phone as well as my SD card. I can't risk again my phone if this should be rooted right away. Is there any way I can do to remove this without rooting? Please help me and give me some advice to uninstall this in my phone. Thank you
    12-11-2015 02:12 PM
    Malware often buries itself deep inside your system software and can be pretty hard to clear... You're best bet, and the only reliable one, is to reload the factory image, if possible. This completely wipes the phone and reloads the factory image they loaded when building the phone. I am not all that familiar with Oppo, but I hope they have some means to do this.
    12-11-2015 02:39 PM
    I have a serious problem with my phone which is Oppo Neo 5 (2015), I accidentally turned on the 'unknown sources' in safety and privacy settings. I don't have any idea that this would make my phone risky. I also can't remember how or when did I turn on that in settings. Today, as I scanned my phone for probable virus, I almost had more than 40 malware and one trojan virus installed in one of the system application called 'come.android.os' I already downloaded some anti virus applications and anti malware but I couldn't get rid of it. I also wipe the data and cache of my phone as well as my SD card. I can't risk again my phone if this should be rooted right away. Is there any way I can do to remove this without rooting? Please help me and give me some advice to uninstall this in my phone. Thank you
    07-09-2016 11:08 PM
    Malware often buries itself deep inside your system software and can be pretty hard to clear... You're best bet, and the only reliable one, is to reload the factory image, if possible. This completely wipes the phone and reloads the factory image they loaded when building the phone. I am not all that familiar with Oppo, but I hope they have some means to do this.
    07-10-2016 01:07 AM