Listening music in a car

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung galaxy S6. How can I listen to music in my car? I tried connecting it via USB, but my car doesn't seem to recognize it. If I play music it would play only on the phone. This is what works with the iPhone. I cannot select the device on my car either. When I try to use Bluetooth, the phone isn't recognized either. Can this actually work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Most car systems don't recognize Android devices via USB--they're designed more for USB flash drives and sometimes iPhones/iPods. Your options are (1) use an Aux cable to connect the phone's headphone jack to the car's Aux Input jack (if it has one), or (2) using Bluetooth. Which car do you have, and does it have a factory installed audio system with Bluetooth, or an aftermarket system? Are you sure you're going through the pairing process correctly? Not all car stereo systems support streaming audio--they might just connect to the phone for calls.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy S6. How can I listen to music in my car? I tried connecting it via USB, but my car doesn't seem to recognize it. If I play music it would play only on the phone. This is what works with the iPhone. I cannot select the device on my car either. When I try to use Bluetooth, the phone isn't recognized either. Can this actually work?

Or, depending on your budget and need for good quality sound, you could look at the various DACs on the market, connect one to the usb port on the phone, connect its line out to your car's auxiliary in, and use an app like USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP for short) to play music through the usb port to the DAC to the aux in of your car.

Enable USB audio on any Android 4.0 smartphone/tablet - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

and

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785772/oppo-ha-2-review

just for starters.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
You could use an auxiliary cable for your music.

Except that an auxiliary cable plugged into the phone's headphone socket will not give very good sound quality. That will differ of course from one phone or tablet to the next, but generally the audio electronics in phones and tablets is fairly basic.

But as I said in my post, the suggestion I gave depended on its relevance to whether or not the original poster was or wasn't concerned about sound quality, and whether or not he had budget restrictions.