I've been looking for a good forum and would you please give advice on this topic? I've tried towelroot kingoroot Iroot and I am running on 4.4.2
    12-12-2015 06:33 PM
    Not sure if one exists. I did a Google search and found someone else not able to find root either.
    12-12-2015 08:57 PM
    I picked one up a couple of days ago. Kingroot said my device wasn't supported but clicking "try it" successfully rooted the device! Kingroot is available here: KINGROOT - xda-developers DevDB

I replaced Kingroot with SuperSU by following these directions: http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How...perSU.html?m=1

I've removed McAfee, but haven't removed the Tracfone bloat apps yet. I haven't found the stock firmware anywhere so I don't want to break anything until there is a way to go back to stock.

Tracfone refused to give me the unlock code because their policy is that the phone must be active and have minutes on it for 12 consecutive months (wtf?)

One unlock website did have our device listed (imei-unlocker: Phone Unlocking using Factory Codes, Quick and Easy) but both their methods said that unlock wasn't available yet. They refunded me for both attempts.

There is no TWRP custom recoveryt for this device yet.
    If anyone has a Linux setup, we can compile our own TWRP. I found the kernel source earlier today: OpenSource Code Distribution
    12-14-2015 01:54 PM
    Hi, I've been encountering the same problem. I've been trying to root my phone now for about 2mo. I've flashed a Rom, as well as most of the other thi.vs on the futile list of attempts up there... I do have a Linux set up on my laptop if I'd like to try and build this bad boy... Anyway... My phone # is 7852071352
    Peace
    01-03-2016 06:32 AM