Why can't I resize my pen windows?

A

AC Question

My 10.1 2014 edition recently upgraded to 5.1.1 and now my pen windows lost a lot of functionality. I can't resize them, which is the main problem, but I also lost the toolbar on top that allows me to close the pen window app. I use my note 10.1 2014 edition for teaching, and the loss of this functionality is seriously damaging it's usefulness for me.

I've also noticed connectivity issues with chromecast, only since the upgrade - but that's another problem for another thread I'd say.

Basically, 5.1.1 turned my amazing tablet mediocre.

Is there any way to fix this resizing issue?

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I own the same tablet with the 5.1.1 upgrade. If you tap on the white circle directly above the pen window, the toolbar with the close button will appear so you can close the window. Are you not seeing that?

I can also still resize the windows by dragging the corners outward.

If you are experiencing certain problems, you might want to try doing a cache partition wipe following these steps: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14245

jcostello1

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Oh man, I don't know how I didn't notice the bar, I hadn't clicked the white circle just dragged it. Thanks!

The resizing problem I've realized is that the minimum size is HUGE on my screen. It's more than a quarter of the entire screen area at the smallest possible size. I can drag the corner to make it larger, but before the update I used to be able to make it much smaller. I use it for a countdown timer, and it's blocking the view of everything else on the screen now since I can't make it smaller.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I notice that you can't make the windows smaller anymore. I don't think there's a good solution to that other than to downgrade back to 4.4.2 using Odin, if it's possible.

artistebot

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I discovered this same issue when I updated to 5.1.1 via OTA. I use pen window alot but the Ver 5 size limit makes it unusable for me. I also found APP incompatibles and general sluggishness, I will not be updating to Lollipop.

I was able to downgrade back to 4.4.2, using the guide on XDA

I used the P600UEUCOI1 4.4.2 for Cellular South Firmware and Odin 3.10.7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair