Every time I try to open the internet on my Galaxy S5, it says my battery has been damaged by a (4) virus from an adult site. Haven't been to any adult sites, and it offers me a "solution" if I download something. Reeks of a trojan virus, so I quit out of it. Looked online. Says it is a trojan and not to open it. Got that. But can't get past the screen to the internet. This question was already asked here, but the only answer was that something I downloaded must be causing the problem. I haven't downloaded anything that I know of, except the AVAST security program - AFTER this problem started happening - which clearly isn't solving the problem.

How do I identify the app/download that is causing the pop up? When I go to my apps listings, I don't know what half of the apps it says I have on my phone do. When I try to uninstall the ones that are unfamiliar, many of them seem to have come with the phone and it only allows me to uninstall updates, not the original apps, so I'm assuming it's not them. None of the others are new, that I know of. How can I tell which one is causing the pop up? I don't want to do a factory reset, because the apps I do have and use will be a pain to reinstall/reregister, etc.

This problem is now preventing me from getting on the internet at all on my phone. Any help would be appreciated, but please: explain it to me like I'm 5. That is, tell me how to do the things you tell me to do. I don't speak geek. Many thanks in advance!
    12-13-2015 05:33 PM
    I would recommend a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem
    12-13-2015 08:33 PM